Tuesday, April 16, 2013
My Soul friend is Charlie and he is Samoan. His favourite colour is blue because it is the colour of the sky and he is 7 years old. My Soul friend’s favourite subject is writing because he likes to write stories and his favourite subject out of school is reading. His favourite sport is rugby.
Monday, April 8, 2013
Friday, April 5, 2013
Similes and Metaphors
A simile is where two things are directly compared because they share a common feature. The word AS or LIKE is used to compare the two words. Eg. As cold AS a dog's nose
A metaphor also compares two things, but it does so more directly WITHOUT using as or like. Eg. The shop was a little gold-mine.
At the end of the sentence, write in brackets whether the sentence is an example of a metaphor or simile.
Eg. The clouds were fluffy like cotton wool. (SIMILE)
- As slippery as an eel. (SIMILE) ✔
- Arnie was a man-mountain.(METAPHORS) ✔
- He was a lion in battle.(METAPHORS) ✔
- She is as pretty as a picture.(SIMILE) ✔
- The striker was a goal machine.(METAPHORS) ✔
- The torch lit up the room as if the sun had risen early. (SIMILE) ✔
- The moon was a misty shadow.(METAPHORS) ✔
- My friend has a face like a bag of spanners.(METAPHORS) (Simile)
Now you are going to make up similes of your own by copying and finishing these sentences.
As good as gold
- As heavy as a rock. ✔
- As cold as snow ball. ✔
- As hard as a stone ✔
- She had skin like a snake. ✔
- As cool as Rugby player. ✔
- As quick as Runner. ✔
- He was slow like a Boy. ✔
- Slippery like a wet floor. ✔
Thursday, April 4, 2013
To use a smart footprint don’t write you last name on line because there are strangers out there who could use your information. Don’t share your phone number or your address.
When you are creating your a password you use letters and numbers and at least 8 characters. and don’t use your name or age for your password.